Strawberry and coconut yoghurt ice lollies
What better way to cool down in this hot summer weather then with an ice lolly.
Ice-creams has become a bit of an obsession with me lately and I find I’m enjoy experimenting with ingredients to come up with the best favours. You can make so many lovely and healthy ice creams using good, tummy friendly ingredients. I will be sharing a few of my favourites with you over the next few weeks.
This time I used coconut yoghurt as one of my main ingredients and they turned out really nice. The granola gives them a bit of a crunch and the raspberry and works well with the sweet strawberries.
The best way to make sure your granola is wheat and gluten free is to make your own. I’ve not yet shared my favourite granola recipe but I will do this as soon as I can.
It’s easy to make your own granola and you just need to make sure you’re using the right nuts, fruit juice and dried fruit in order to keep it tummy friendly.
If you buy granola, try finding a gluten free option that does’t contain dried fruit (apart from cranberries), honey or apple juice.
- 100g strawberries
- 300 ml coconut yoghurt (plain)
- 1-2 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 100 ml / 1/2 cup granola (gluten free & tummy friendly)
- ice-cream moulds
1. Use a fork to mash the strawberries.
2. Mix the yoghurt with the vanilla extract and maple syrup.
3. Get your ice-cream moulds ready and start filling them up by alternating yoghurt, mashed strawberries and granola.
4. Add a stick and freeze.
5. Enjoy your ice-cream in the sun 🙂