These are really quick and easy to create and make a great lunch on their own or a super side to just about anything. The key is to have them nice and crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
We decided to make our fritters with sweet peppers, chives, parsley and parmesan – a great combination. The peppers add a flavoursome kick to the fritters and are full of vitamin C. They taste best served hot with a dollop of coconut or lactose free yoghurt.
4 medium potatoes (shredded and drained)
4 mini sweet peppers or one normal red pepper
2-3 spring onion (green part only)
1 tsp chopped chives
1 tsp chopped parsley
50g gluten free flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
125g lactose free yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Peal and coarsely grate the potatoes. Let sit for 10 mins and then strain them through a tea towel or use paper towels. Squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Finley chop the mini peppers, chives, parley and spring onion (green bit)
- Combine potatoes, mini peppers, chives, parsley, spring onion, eggs in a large bowl
- Add in gluten free flour and mix it all together but don’t over mix it as we want the fritters light ad fluffy
- Add in salt, pepper and parmesan cheese
- Grease a baking tray well or alternatively use oiled baking paper
- Use two tablespoons to form the fritters. Keep them thin as that will make them nice and crispy
- Place in the oven and cook or 10-15 mins before flipping them over. Bake for another 10-15 mins until golden brown.
Serve with a dollop of plain coconut or lactose free yogurt.