OPEN SANDWICH WITH COTTAGE CHEESE MIX
This is a great snack or quick lunch. You just mix together the ingredients and add them to your favourite wheat free bread. Cottage cheese is relatively low in fat an high in calcium, B vitamin, D vitamin and vitamin A. Plain cottage cheese can seem a bit bland but mixed with other ingredients like in this recipe, it takes on a totally different flavour and taste fantastic on an open sandwich.
Cottage cheese is low FODMAP which is great as it’s tummy friendly. Avoid cottage cheese with added onion, garlic or other high FODMAP foods and spices as these can trigger digestive symptoms.
MAKES 1 SERVING
- 2 slices gluten free toast (non dairy)
- 2/3 cup (150g ) cottage cheese
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 spring onion (green part only)
- 1/4 cup (100g) Parma ham
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Slice the Parma ham into small strips.
- Finely chop the green part of a spring onion.
- Add the cottage cheese, chopped tomatoes, spring onion and Parma ham to a medium sized bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mix onto the gluten free toast and serve.
You can substitute the Parma ham with smoked salmon, cooked chicken or smokedmackerel.