NUT BUTTER CUPS
Today we are making Nut Butter Cups – something we have wanted to try for a while now, so we are excited to get started! Use which ever nut butter you’d prefer – just make sure it is low FODMAP. Here are some tummy friendly examples: chestnut, macadamia, brazil, peanut, pecan or walnut. Obviously, not all of these nuts are widely available as butters in shops but if you have a particular favourite you can make your own nut butter. Simply put your nuts into a food processor, until broken down – you can add a little coconut oil if you want a smoother texture. We are going to use the standard – peanut butter 🙂 We may be more adventurous next time but thought we’d begin with the classic! So, here it goes…
100g coconut oil
50g raw cacao powder
3tbsp maple syrup
3tbsp coconut cream
150g nut butter
pinch of sea salt (optional)
1. Combine the oil(liquid state) and powder and mix until they form a smooth consistency.
2. Add the cream and the syrup and salt (optional).
3. Pour a thin layer of the mixture into individual cupcake cases and put them all in the freezer for about 5-10 mins.
4. The mixture should now be solid and you can then add a teaspoon of nut butter into the middle of each cupcake case.
5. Pour the remaining mixture over the nut butter.
6. Refrigerate the cups until set.
N.B. Keep these delicious treats cool – they will melt if left out too long! They will still taste good but may be a tad tricky to eat 😉
Our Nut Cups are refined sugar free 🙂 If you would like a slightly sweeter taste you can replace the raw cacao powder for good quality cooking chocolate.