Marinated Chicken Skewers
This is just ONE of our recipes from our BBQ menu that is available for you to download today! Just head to our homepage now for more delicious recipes to accompany these great chicken skewers. And don’t panic – we all know the UK does not provide reliable BBQ weather. All recipes can be adapted and all food can be cooked on the hob or in the oven. Failing that, someone can pick the short straw and stand outside with an umbrella and bring the food in 😉
Marinating chicken is super easy and really adds flavour and moisture to the meat. Simply add all the ingredients to a bag and leave to infuse for as long as you can – ideally overnight for optimum flavour.
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp mustard
Half a lime
Half a lemon
3 tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
1. Cut the chicken breasts into dice size pieces.
2. Place a large freezer bag in a bowl or on a plate (this is just a precaution in case the bag leaks once the marinade is in it).
3. Mix all the ingredients, apart from the chicken, together in a mixing bowl.
4. Pour the mixture into the freezer bag and then add the diced chicken.
5. Tie a knot in the plastic bag and place in the fridge over night or for a minimum of 4 hours.
6. Fire up that BBQ when you’re ready to cook!
7. Once the chicken has had time to marinade in the lovely juices, take them out of the fridge and place the diced pieces on skewers, with about 4-5 chicken pieces on each.
8. Place on the BBQ and cook for around 10 minutes on each side, until the meat is cooked through.