Did you know that kale is among the most nutrient dense foods on the planet?? Of course you did!! Kale is still all the rage these days. Our favourite way of using this ‘super food’ is to make ‘Kale Crisps’, with a sprinkle of sunflower seeds. Both taste so delicious and different toasted. For the seeds, it adds a lovely nutty flavour to the seeds. It’s a perfect little snack that your tummy will love; or it can be used as a side to a more substantial meal.
All you need for a light snack for 2 is…
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/300F.
2. Pour the oil into a large bowl.
3. Rinse and dry the kale. Then, remove the thick stems and add to the oil and toss until coated.
4. Spread the kale onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper (make sure the kale is not overlapping).
5. Sprinkle over the salt and roast on the bottom shelf of the oven for 5-7 mins, until the kale is crisp and slightly brown.
6. Roast the seeds separately, in a frying pan, until golden.
7. Use a spoon to sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the kale.