Protein-rich eggs are a great way to start your day. If you can, treat yourself to free range and organic eggs. Free range hens that eat a healthy, natural diet pass on the benefits to you in the form of more nutritious and delicious eggs.
Makes 1 serving
1 slice of wheat or gluten free bread
1 tsp butter
1. Half fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
2. Gently lower the eggs into the water one at a time and cook for 5 -7 minutes (5 minutes for a very runny yolk).
3. In the meantime, pop your bread in the toaster.
4. Remove the eggs and run under cold water for 30 seconds.
5. To remove the cap, use the edge of a knife and gently tap around the top.
Eat straight away with your slice of buttered toast!