Courgette and Feta Slice
Courgettes are quickly becoming one of our favourite vegetables. So, when we saw this recipe, on the I Quit Sugar website, we just had to give it a go! To make it low FODMAP, we had to make some changes. Instead of using garlic cloves we have used garlic infused olive oil and we have replaced the flour for gluten free flour. Oh – and we went for cheddar instead of Parmesan! Once the ingredient prep is complete, it is such a simple recipe.
IQS recommend serving it with a leafy salad, which we agree is a great idea for a light lunch option. Or, you could have it on its own for breakfast. You could even add some sautéed potatoes and tomato relish for dinner. The options are endless…
This slice lasts for up to 4 days in the fridge, so no need to shed a tear when your finish your first helping. It also freezes well for up to one month. Have a go and let us know what you think. Next time we will try it with Parmesan – love cheese!
2 handfuls of kale, destemmed and finely chopped
150g mature cheddar, grated
100g feta, crumbled
8 thyme sprigs
500g courgette, grated and drained of most of the moisture
200g gluten free flour
1 tsp garlic infused oil
- Preheat the oven to 100C.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the chopped kale, cheese, garlic infused oil, courgette and 4 sprigs of thyme.
- Then, add the flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the ingredients into a lined baking dish and arrange the remaining sprigs and crumbled feta on top.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes, until cooked through and the top turns golden.