Orange Ginger Mint Tea + other tummy friendly teas
Working out what drinks to have when you have a sensitive tummy can be a bit tricky.
There are plenty of tummy friendly teas to choose from such as:
- Peppermint tea
- Green tea
- White tea
- Black tea
I also love orange and ginger tea. It’s tummy soothing and refreshing. It also has anti-inflammatory antioxidants and antibacterial properties, which can help relieve stomach irritations, nausea and headaches. It’s also great if you feel like you’re coming down with a cold, just like I feel at the moment.
Makes 2 cups, Minutes 5, Difficulty 2/10
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- the juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp freshly grated or dry ginger
- 2 mint sprigs
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
1. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
2. Cut the orange in half and cut one slice to use for garnish.
3. Squeeze the juice out of one orange.
4. Grate the ginger (if you are using fresh).
5. Add the remaining ingredients to the boiling water and let it simmer for a minute or two.
6. Serve in a cup and garnish with the orange slice and mint.