Lightly flavoured fruit and herb water
Flavour infused water is a good substitute for sugary drinks and a great way to rehydrate. Here are two gently infused water recipes that your tummy will enjoy. You can make flavoured water in a few minutes and keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. They can also be topped up once you’ve finished the water.
Makes 1 jug of each flavour
FOR THE CUCUMBER & LEMONGRASS WATER
2 stalks lemongrass
4 cups (approx 1 litre) of water
FOR THE PINEAPPLE & MINT WATER
1 cup (225g) chopped pineapple
5 sprigs of mint
4 cups (approx. 1 litre) of water
MAKING THE CUCUMBER & LEMONGRASS WATER
1. Wash and peel the cucumber length way into ribbons.
2. Peel away the rough outer edge of the lemongrass. Cut the lemongrass in half, lengthwise. Place the lemongrass onto a cutting board. Using a rolling pin, gently smash the lemongrass. Add to the jug with the cucumber ribbons.
3. Fill with water. Give it a stir and chill in the fridge at least an hour. Add ice and serve.
MAKING THE PINEAPPLE & MINT WATER
1. Place the chopped pineapple in a jug.
2. Break up all of the mint leaves apart from one sprig. Place the mint in the jug and finally the mint sprig.
3. Fill with water. Give it a stir and chill in the fridge for at least an hour. Add ice and serve.
You can swap the fruit you put into the water by using fruit from the green part of the traffic light table.