CHRISTMAS FRUIT DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE, NUTS AND COCONUT
Fruit tastes great on their own but why not add some Christmas excitement by adding some chocolate and nuts. Good quality dark chocolate is good for sensitive tummies and full of antioxidants, which are important to our health. Simply choose fruit that is gut friendly such as pineapple, strawberries, Satsuma, oranges, kiwi or star fruit
Large quantities of fruit are not good if you have a sensitive gut or if you’re on the low FODMAP diet so stick to a small portion of FODMAP friendly fruits and you should be fine.
Here’s a list of some other FOMDAP friendly fruits:
Banana – Unripe (i.e green/yellow)
The list of FODMAP friendly fruits changes all the time so It’s important to check Monash University website or the App to make sure you eat the fruits that are best for your gut.
Serves 4, Prep & Cook time 15 min
10-15 mandarin slices (or use Clementine or Satsuma)
5-10 pineapple triangle pieces
100 g good quality dark chocolate
A small handful of pecan or macadamia nuts
2 tbsp desiccated coconut (optional)
- Prepare the fruit by washing, pealing and cutting
- Finely chop the nuts and place in a small bowl
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe glass bowl and microwave for no more than 30 seconds initially. Stir and check the consistency. If not melted enough, microwave a few more seconds. It’s very easy to overcook chocolate so only microwave a few seconds at the time before checking the consistency
- Dip and turn the fruit in the melted chocolate then drizzle over the chopped nuts or desiccated coconut
- Let the chocolate cool in room temperature then eat and enjoy!